Alabama has set 11.16.23 as the execution date for Casey McWhorter.
Please contact Governor Kay Ivey and ask her to stay this execution and remind her of her statement “that all life is sacred!”
THE HONORABLE GOVERNOR Kay Ivey
STATE CAPITOL N 104
600 Dexter Ave
MONTGOMERY, AL 36130 2751
Suggested Talking Points
1) Mr. McWhorter was denied youthful offender treatment. The offense took place a couple of weeks after his 18th birthday.
2) Mr. McWhorter was arrested in ICU where he made an involuntary self incriminating statement.
3) When the jury was unable to reach a verdict during the sentencing phase the judge reminded the jurors of the cost of a new trial.
4) A juror in the case failed to disclose in jury selection that she believed her father had been murdered.
5) Alabama is failing to reveal its execution protocol including the expiration date of the execution drugs and has a history of botched executions.
6) Alabama is failing to reveal the source of its execution drugs.
7) Alabama still uses a method of execution with drugs considered by some States to be in violation of the Constitution and ethically, morally wrong.